Wednesday, February 20, 2019













"The Island of Sea Women" by Lisa See


Please bear with me. I just finished the book and tears won't stop. The feelings each character has is swimming in me, making me see different things and feeling for each and every one of them. Life is like that. We each have our own viewpoints and, if they become too strong and not malleable, we are missing out on what is or could be.

This book is truly a work of art. Her characters are beautiful and, yes, sometimes scary. The sea is a world onto itself with life and death. It brings food and hope and joy. It also is deadly. Always remember that there are two sides of everything. Good and bad. 

"The Island of Sea Women" is a book about the women on a Korean island and who they dove to bring up food to survive. Without use of oxygen, learn how they made this happen. It's quite remarkable.

Lisa, thank you. You had me from the first page and kept me through to the end. This is the first book I have read that brought me to tears. I cried so hard that I was bauling. Haven't had such a cry in a very long time. So, readers, if an author brings you this deep, you know that the book is truly a work of art. Pick up a copy. You will be SO happy you did!








No comments:

Post a Comment